What Is A Virtual Assistant?
There really isn’t a totally clear answer to this question, because there is such a wide variety of services you can offer. Businesses need assistance with tasks ranging from sending emails, scheduling appointments to event planning and the list goes on and on.
In this post, I will share with you 10 services you can offer as a virtual assistant and 5 places to find virtual assistant jobs. I will also share with you some amazing courses to get you started if you’re interested but not sure where to begin.
What Does A Virtual Assistant Do?
This is where it gets exciting (at least for me anyway) You can offer services for almost any skill you possess. I’m going to share 10 with you and will share some places to find more ideas.
This site may receive compensation that comes from running advertisements and affiliate links. The advertisements on this blog in no way affect my opinions or the content on A Million And One Ideas. Any compensation we may receive is at no extra cost to you. The post you are reading will contain affiliate links and or ads.
10 Virtual Assistant Services
- Uploading and formatting posts;
- Adding inbound and outbound links ;
- Creating graphics and adding them to the posts;
- Optimizing the SEO of each post
- Adding optins to posts
- Researching blog topics
- Responding to comments and replying to emails
Customer Service Through Email
- Reply to common customer service questions
- Handle Customer Complaints
- Issue refunds
- Report back on common complaints with the product
Setting up and or Managing Social Media Profiles
- Account set up
- Scheduling posts
- Sharing other branded content from your clients’industry
- Creating original content (images, updates, polls
- Interacting with followers (retweeting, liking, replying to comments, etc.)
- Replying to comments on social media in a way that is consistent with your clients’ voice and brand
- Replying to private messages
- Thanking other businesses and pages for any mentions, retweets or tags
- Commenting on the social media pages of other businesses in your clients’ industry
- Commenting on blogs to attract new readers to their website
Setting up and Maintaining Social Media Scheduling Tools
- Whatever tool that may be for your clients
You can find all the services we offer on our Pinterest Management page.
Scheduling and Appointment Management
- Setting up scheduling platforms of your clients choice
- Scheduling appointments and meetings
- Sending reminders to contacts
- Sending reminders for your client
- Rescheduling missed appointments
- Scheduling recurring and one-time events
- Confirming availability
Uploading and Formatting Blog Posts
- Add images and graphics
- Add information to social media extensions
- Add inbound and outbound links
- Set featured images
- Schedule posts.
- Designing Social Media Elements
- Sourcing Stock Photos
- Editing Photos and Graphics
Optimization of Existing Blog Posts
- Adding internal or external links
- Adding affiliate links
- Eliminating or adding tags
- Assigning posts to categories
- Optimizing images, size, and placement in the post
- Adding social sharing buttons
- Checking facts in posts to ensure it’s still accurate.
Optimizing Website SEO
- Researching the best keywords for your clients’ industry
- Research competition to see what SEO they are ranking for in searches
- Optimize website content, including meta descriptions and headlines
- Optimize images for SEO
- Optimize SEO for social media platforms, such as Pinterest
Basic Website Maintenance
- Updating plugins
- Linking Social Media Accounts
- Setting up or refreshing contact forms;
- Managing regular backups
- Managing security updates
- Unpublishing unwanted pages and deleting old drafts
- Optimizing images
5 Places To Find Virtual Assistant Jobs
FlexJobs is a website for remote jobs that screens every listing to make sure it’s legitimate. And there are a lot of jobs listed ( you do have to pay a small monthly fee for this one)
Upwork is very competitive, but there are a lot of jobs posted daily. Both full and part-time.
Craigs List Yes, you really can find legitimate good-paying jobs on Craigs List. Just make sure to do your homework there may be some not so legit and spammy offers out there.
Indeed is a huge site that lets workers search jobs postings and upload resumes for free. This site gets over 200 million monthly viewers.
LinkedIn is another great site and a very effective place to find work.
I have taken a couple of the courses I will mention. The others have great reviews and are on my to-do list. (you can never learn too much, right?)
First off my favorite course and the one that led me to my Pinterest VA biz which I absolutely love! Become a Pinterest VA Today course gives you all the tools you need to start a successful PVA business.
Here are links to previous posts: More on the course Why businesses need it. My health: here and here. (health ugh but what got me started!) The course registration will launch again soon! You can get on the waiting list here.
30 Day or Less To Virtual Assistant Success by Gina Horkey (who I absolutely love) Here is her list of services you can offer Gina Horkey’s list of 150 VA Services You Can Offer. And her course https://horkeyhandbook.com/30-days-virtual-assistant-success/
Ok and here is a post that shares courses to get you started on the home base business journey. You might enjoy this post if you’re looking to start your own business.
There You Have It Just A Few Of The Many Services You Can Offer
The virtual assistant business is booming with business owners having so much on their to-do list that they could never accomplish it all. Chances are you have a skill you can market and earn some extra money or start your own business.
Good luck in your journey to start your own virtual assistant business. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions comments or ideas!!!
Have a Fabulous Day, Myla